Saturday 15 October 2016

October Newsletter

Madge’s Newsletter
October 2016
Hi All,

Well first of all I must apologise for not putting this newsletter out sooner!!!  Sometimes things ‘just happen’ and not all goes according to plan. I have to admit some of it was my fault, as some of you know I met with 6 friends in Hamilton for a weekend ‘cricut-ing’. My weekend started on the Friday morning at 4am when I went to work, then at 8am off to Massey, at 11.30am was picked up by a friend and quickly loaded the car and we were off to meet another friend on the way. Changed cars and we were finally on the way to Hamilton. Arrived and to cut a long story short by the time I got home on Sunday evening I had had about 6 hours sleep during the whole weekend!!! But oh what fun we had. Especially as it was my birthday while I was away and the girls did an awesome job of surprising me with tooters/balloons/and singing happy birthday and I had the special luxury of having TWO birthday cakes. For many years in our family I have had a little critter that when you press his foot he dances and sings happy birthday. As my children have gotten older they always try to hide it when it is their birthday so that I don’t play it, however they never win and I always play it. My darling husband phoned me the morning of my birthday and when I answered the phone guess what was playing through the phone!!! Yes the little critter singing. We laughed soooo much. So a big thank you to everyone who was a part of setting everything up and to Julia and Heather for my lovely cakes.
Now, once I got home from the weekend, with very little sleep, I was off to work at 4.30am on the Monday morning!! Tried hard to catch up on things during the week, to little avail and then on the Friday a 4wd decided that the side of my car was rather plain and could do with some definition!! So I am driving a car with much ‘definition’ on the side and waiting for the panel beater to do some ‘doctoring ‘ to it.  With everything that was going on the news letter did not get written, sorry.
Love to hear from anyone who has had a more eventful week!!!
20161007_123437.jpg      

Poor car                 on the good side these are some of the cards we made this week                         
DSCF3809.JPG
                                               

Well now that week has passed I can go forward and let you know what is coming up:

Design Space Training:
For any of you who have the Cricut Explore or Cricut Air we are doing a teaching in Wellington on Saturday October 29th. If you know anyone in the Wellington area that may be interested please tell them to contact me as spaces are limited. We will be starting at 9.30am through to 4pm (ish, you know how it is) and the cost is $60 for the day. We will be going though Design Space and answering any questions people may have.

If there are enough Palmerston North people interested we will run a class here in Palmerston North. So do give me a call or email if you want more information.

August/September  Prize
Don’t forget, when you come two consecutive months you go into the draw to win a prize pack.
Our winner is : SHIRLEY!!
Congrats to you Shirley, you can pick up your ‘pack’ when you come to November class or give me a call to collect earlier.

Card Classes for November:
Tuesday 8th                                                   10.30am
Wednesday 9th                          6.45pm
Thursday 10th                      1.30pm and again at 6.45pm
Saturday 12th                      10.30 and again at 1.30pm

These will be our final card classes for 2016 – but wait, there’s more…
on   December 4th  we will be having our final ‘party for the year’ so do mark this date on your calendar and be prepared to have a great time with lots of prizes and fun. The day will be from 1.30pm till 4.00 ‘ish.

I will be in Australia from 21st to 29th November – having some ‘information gathering’ and of course a little shopping spree.

To those of you who have been unwell, I do hope that you are recovering and I look forward to seeing you all at card class in November. 

Happy crafting,

Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment